21 Jun 2012

A copy is cheaper than Original.

Mbhoni Manganyi
First and foremost I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to what i have seen on Soweto tv on the 19th June 2012, a fundamental debate on “Education” between four leaners of diverse secondary schools in Gauteng province. In short, it had content. Immediately the secondary schools debate culminated, there was “Youth Economic Participation” debate between ANC YL NEC member Cde Thabo Kupa and COPE WL member Cde Mpho Mihlapi.
Without any doubt, I can make a clear crystal that I was thwarted by how ANC YL NEC member presented himself in the national television. Based on his style of debating, one can certainly conclude that he (Kopa) is neither condensed nor solid because his political philosophies are filled with “Anarchy’’, furthermore I detected that he strained by all means to mimic the ANC YL suspended NEC member Cde Floyd Shivambu throughout the dispute.
The despatch I can pass to him is: You will be a gentleman seating on another man’s thrown, find your own thrown then you will surpass in all aspects of life. Why am I casting this? I surmise the way he articulated the debate was weak like a used tea bag, compared to the way Mpho did, because she seemed to know her story. Kupa just memorised some concepts that he couldn’t explain himself (Too vague). When debating about matters such as “Nationalization of mines”, it is vital to explain how the state can go about nationalising mines and how it will benefit the state citizens economically and socially, rather than helping them to go down a pit of failure.
This does not mean that I am trying to be biased, but it is how I interpreted the whole debate; if we are still having leaders of Kupa’s calibre in the Organization, it will suddenly mean that new way of leadership is prerequisite. ANC must not nurture political leaders whose control over the masses is based on the ability to whip up mysterical enthusiasm. In the light of the above, I’d like to sum my “what others will refer as criticism” with Honourable Nelson Mandela’s quote: “If criticism is valid, it must be made”.
 Examined life is worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment